Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sweet cake recipe that is good for gluten & dairy allergies!

My first post is going to be a quick one! We had an end of the semester celebration for one of my courses so I wanted to make food for it. We have three folks in the class with food allergies in the class, so whatever I made needed to be vegan, and free of gluten, chickpea, soy, and peanut. I also really wanted to try making a polenta cake after I tried a polenta cupcake a few months ago. What better way to procrastinate, than to bake?  I found this awesome recipe for a delicious vegan dessert: a blood-orange polenta cake; it isn't too sweet, has a wonderful moist texture, and it was so easy to make! This recipe ISN'T gluten free - I substituted the spelt flour for a gluten-free mix. It is always a good idea to check with your gluten-free folks to see how severe their allergies are; I don't have a gluten-free kitchen, so I wouldn't want to put anyone in danger! I also substituted the soy milk for an almond-coconut milk blend. I made sure to use corn meal from our local friends over at Four Star Farms!  in Northfield, MA. We don't have a 9in pan, so I made it in a 8in pan, and four cupcakes (D and I had to taste it before I brought it to people!!).


http://www.lovemefeedme.net/blood-orange-polenta-cake/

No comments:

Post a Comment